Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray's Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients (serves 4)
*1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
* 1/2 lb. of shrimp
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
* 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (use less if you're not a fan of the hot stuff)
* 1/4 cup honey
* 2 iceberg lettuce heads, cut into quarters and leaves gently removed to make the lettuce cups
* 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped (OPTIONAL)
* Juice of 1 lime
* 1 handful basil, chopped (OPTIONAL)
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with one turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon.
Add the shrimp and cook until almost done.
Add in the red pepper and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
Add in the chili sauce and honey and simmer to reduce it and coat the chicken.
To serve, lay the lettuce leaves on a platter, then scoop some of the shrimp mixture onto each leaf.
Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts, lime juice and basil.