Sunday, January 23, 2011
Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning
1 lb. Pork Tenderloin
1. Preheat oven to 500.
2. Coat tenderloin with mayonnaise and seasoning. Just cover enough to coat the tenderloin.3. Cook in oven for 10 minutes.4. Once the 10 minutes are up, turn the oven off and let tenderloin finish cooking inside the oven. (Our's took about 30-40 extra minutes)
5. When tenderloin is done, remove from the oven and serve.
**This was so tender and juicy and didn't need any sauce. We really enjoyed it and will be having it again soon.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
3 tablespoons sliced green onions (omitted - Fred's not a fan)
3 tablespoons chopped cashews
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup hoisin sauce (found on the Asian aisle of grocery store)
1 can (8 oz) can crescent rolls (used Reduced Fat)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Chop cashews up into smaller pieces
3. Slice green onions
4. Add cashews, green onions, chicken, carrots, onions, cashews to a bowl. Add 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp ginger.
5. Add 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce. And stir.
6. On an ungreased cookie sheet, separate the dough into 4 rectangles...
7. Then, pinch the seams together to blend well
8. Spoon about 1/4 of the mixture onto one side of the dough.
9. Pinch the seams together
10. Use a fork to press the edges together
11. Poke a hole in the top of each with a fork to allow the steam to escape
12. Bake 13-18 minutes.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup crispy rice cereal
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
2 Tbsp butter, melted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In three separate bowls, or containers, mix the following together:
Bowl 1 - flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder
Bowl 2 - egg and milk
Bowl 3 - cheese, breadcrumbs, cereal
3. Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into a baking dish to coat
4. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Then dip in the egg mixture. And press into the cheese-cereal mixture. You'll start to hear snap-crackle-pop!!
5. Arrange them in the baking dish.
6. Optional: pour over 2 Tbsp melted butter before baking
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and juices run clear.
**This was so easy and so delicious. The next time I would add a little bit of spice to spice it up, but it was great as is. I served with green beans and a baked sweet potato.
Monday, January 10, 2011
4 chicken breasts--boil in water to cook and then cut up into small pieces (or I cooked mine in the crock-pot for a few hours covered in Rotel then shredded)
8-10 oz. of spaghetti--cooked in water that chicken was boiled in (I broke mine into 3 inch pieces)
1 can Rotel
1 lb. Velveeta (1/2 a block)
3 tbsp. worcheshire
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp of butter
Mix all the above ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins or until bubbly.
**This was super easy and very delicious. We will be having this again. :)
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
Garlic powder, to taste
Salt & pepper
1 cup frozen corn (I used canned Whole Kernal Corn)
1/4 cup ketchup
2/3 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 pie crust
1 cup Mexican style shredded four cheese blend
1/2 tsp parsley flakes
Optional toppings: salsa and sour cream
1. Heat the oven to 375. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray and carefully unroll the dough in the center.
2. Chop the onion.
3. Season the beef with garlic powder, salt and pepper (as much as you like).
4. Add the onions and cook until no longer pink.
5. Combine the barbecue sauce, ketchup and corn in a large bowl.
6. Drain the ground beef.
7. And stir into the bowl.
8. Spread into the center of the dough, allowing room for you to fold the edges up around the sides.
9. Bake for 20 minutes, spread with cheese, and bake for 5 more minutes.
10. Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
**The pie crust makes this amazing! Fred also topped his slice with Ranch dressing. We really enjoyed this.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
3 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 eggs, beaten
12 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained - I used 9 noodles ...because they come 18 to a pack and I had made lasagna before...if you use 12 what are you going to do with the other 6?!?! But I did not adjust the other ingredients and it worked out just fine
1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Mix first 3 ingredients; combine 1/2 cup (I put about 3/4 a cup with the other ingredients) with chicken, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and eggs. Spread 1/4 cup onto each noodle; roll up.
3. Spread 1/2 cup of the remaining sauce mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish (I used a 9x9 square baking dish since I only had 9 roll ups); cover with lasagna rolls (seam-sides down), remaining sauce mixture and mozzarella.
4. Bake 25 min. or until heated through.
Monday, January 3, 2011
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
crushed tortilla chips (optional)
1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
**It was absolutely amazing. I used the "Hot" rotel and "Hot" taco seasoning to make it spicier. Very easy and very good!