Recipe from: Simply Made...with Love
1 cup miniature cheese crackers, crushed (I used Reduced Fat Cheez-Its)
1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided (Omitted/ Used Egg Beaters)
3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (Used the Old El Paso brand)
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
1. In a shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs and taco seasoning; set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine 3 tablespoons butter, cheese, chilies, onion and salt. Shape mixture into six balls. (This was hard for me; so, I just used a palm-ful
3. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
4. Place filling in the center of each.
5. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
6. In a shallow microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter.
7. Dip chicken in butter, then coat evenly with cracker mixture.
8. Place seam side down in a greased shallow round 3-qt. microwave-safe dish.
9. Bake on 350 for 40 minutes
**With this dish, I served taco seasoned red potatoes. You take 6 small red potatoes (cubed), one tablespoon of olive oil, and half a packet of taco seasoning. Put all ingredients in a large plastic bag and mix together. Place an even layer on a cookie sheet and bake along side the chicken. And I served a salad.
This recipe was awesome!