Recipe from: The Daily Dish
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 10 oz of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with a paper towel
- 1 (15 oz) container of part skim ricotta (I used the Sorrento brand)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 (32 oz) jar of tomato sauce, for topping
- 10 tbsp of part skim shredded Mozzarella, for topping
-1 lb. spicy Italian sausage
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook lasagna noodles and brown sausage
3. Take a 9 x 13 baking dish and place 1 cup of tomato sauce at the bottom. Spread the sauce around evenly.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper all together.
5. Lay a piece of wax paper out on the counter and lay out the cooked lasagna noodles (making sure they are dry).
6. Take 2 tbsp of the ricotta mixture and spread evenly across the noodle.
7. Starting from one side, roll the noodle carefully and place the seam side down onto the baking dish.
8. Repeat this process with the remaining noodles.
9. Place about 1/4 of a cup of sauce over each noodle in the baking dish (or until the top of the noodle is covered in sauce).
10. Then also top each roll up with 1 tbsp of the shredded mozzarella.