Monday, July 20, 2009

Strawberry Poppyseed Salad (knock-off of Panera Bread's)


This recipe is supposed to be the wonderful colorful fruit salad at Panera Bread. Serve with banana bread or muffins.

Ingredients:
24 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
12 oz fat free poppyseed dressing (or sugar free, whichever suits you)
12 oz canned pineapple tidbits, drained
12 oz mandarin oranges, drained
12 oz fresh blueberries
12 oz fresh strawberries, halved
6 oz chopped pecans

Toss fruit with lettuce, add dressing, toss again and top with pecans.

Serves 6-8

4 comments:

  1. a great find for panda fanatic!
    my roommate and i LOVE this bag
    hkpanda.freetzi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite salads. We make it similar to Panera but changed up the dressing. We use a raspberry vinagrette instead and it is still just as good. Oh I also use almond slices.

    YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! That sounds great!!! I am your newest follower- come by and check my blog out too! http://raisingbabycheap.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I am so excited. I am a Southern girl too! I added myself to your follow list and I am going to be trying the pizza and the strawberry poppyseed salad this week. I will let you know what my family thinks. Thanks for the recipe.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete