Recipe from: Reasons to Gather
1 boneless chuck roast (3 1/2- 4lbs- I make more for a big gathering, less for just us)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube (a lot of times I will just do beef broth-atleast 2 cans- cause I don't use bouillion cubes that often and usually end up throwing them out)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried, crushed rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
(I also like to add a few dashes of Worcestershire)
French rolls split
Provolone Cheese (optional)
Grilled Onions and Peppers (optional)
1. Place trimmed roast in slow cooker.
2. Combine rest of ingredients (minus the rolls, cheese, onions, and peppers) and pour over roast.
3. Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
4. Cook, covered, on low for about 7 hours or until very tender.
5. Remove and shred/slice. Place roast back into the pot with the juice and use a ladle for the juice.
6. Serve on rolls (you can toast in the oven with Provelone cheese) and reserved broth for dipping. You can also serve with sauteed onions and peppers.