Recipe from: Mrs. Bear at Think Happy Thoughts
2 Gorton's Grilled Tilapia Fillets
Medium size tortillas
1 bag of pre-made coleslaw (in the bagged salad section)
Green onion - one stalk, cut into little pieces
1/2 c reduced fat mayo
1/2c fat free sour cream
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon lime juice
Creole seasoning - you decide amount
Garlic Salt - 2 teaspoons
Salt - season to taste
Pepper - season to taste
Shredded cheese - optional
1. In a bowl mix together the sour cream, mayo, lime juice, lemon juice, creole seasoning, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until needed.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a shallow dish (I used a metal pan lined in non-stick tin foil, but you can use a cookie sheet or any deep baking dish) place the fish fillets. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and squirt on some lemon juice - so that they are moist.
3. Bake fish for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, drain off any excess liquid on the pan, and bake again for 10 minutes at 300 degrees F. This will firm up the fish so it is easier to break into pieces for the tacos.
4. While the fish cooks, take out your sauce and add 2 handfuls of cabbage to the bowl. I tasted the mixture and found it to be a little bland, so I added more salt, pepper, and lemon juice (2 squirts). Set aside.
5. Remove fish from oven and allow it to cool before cutting into bite sized pieces - I tried to shred my fish but it didn't work. I also squirted a little more lemon and shook a little more cajun seasoning on the fish pieces so that it stayed moist.
6. In a skillet, heat a tortilla over medium heat for 15 seconds. Turn the tortilla over and add the pieces of fish. Cover the fish with the cabbage/sauce mixture, sprinkle in a little cheese (we used shredded mozz), and finally another layer of dry cabbage. Heat for a few seconds until the tortilla has started to crisp.
7. Fold the tortilla over into a taco and put it on a plate! Here is a picture of the inside... I don't have one of the taco itself.
Mrs. Bear at Think Happy Thoughts is also having a GIVEAWAY on her blog. She's giving away some adorable recipe cards from littletoad on etsy. Check it out!!!