PER SERVING (1/5th of recipe, about 2/3 cup): 82 calories, 1g fat, 168mg sodium, 16g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g sugars, 3g protein -- POINTS® value 1
1 large (about 13-oz.) potato
3 cups cauliflower florets3 tbsp.
fat-free half & half
1 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread
1/4 tsp. salt pepper and additional salt, to taste
Optional: 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, peel and cube the potato.
3. Once water is boiling, add peeled potato cubes and cauliflower.
4. Wait for the water to return to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium.
5. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes (until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender).
6. Remove the pot from heat and strain out all of the water.
7. Transfer contents to a large bowl, and add half & half, butter/buttery spread, salt, and (if you like) crushed garlic.
8. Mash it all together with a potato masher, until completely blended.
9. Season to taste with pepper and additional salt.
MAKES 5 SERVINGS