Recipe from: Kelly's Recipes and Paula Deen
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped celery
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
1 cup chicken or fish stock
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
10-ounce package frozen cut okra
2 cups shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
1 1/2 cups of rice - OPTIONAL
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
12-ounce package corn muffin mix
1. In an iron skillet, saute onion and celery in oil.
2. Add bay leaves, thyme, lemon-pepper seasoning and House Seasoning.
3. Pour in stock and add tomatoes and okra.
4. Cover pot and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp.
6. To prepare the topping, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
7. Mix together egg and milk, add to muffin mix, and combine until just well-blended.
8. Drop by tablespoonfuls on top of hot shrimp mixture, leaving the center uncovered.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
*I added some crushed red pepper to this dish to spice it up a little.