Recipe from: Natasha at A Day In The Life
2 large cans of canned sweet potatoes (aka yams)
1 cup of sugar
1 stick of melted butter
2 table spoons of flour
½ cup of sweetened condensed milk
1 and ½ teaspoons of vanilla
1 and ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
1 table spoon of allspice
1 stick of butter
2 cups of brown sugar
2 cups of pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drain potatoes and mash in large bowl.
2. Mix in sugar, egg, 1 stick of melted butter, flour, and condensed milk.
3. Blend well and then add spices and vanilla.
4. Spoon mixture into 9x13 greased casserole dish.
5. Melt 1 stick of butter in sauce pan on low.
6. Add brown sugar and pecans and stir until smooth and easy to spread.
7. Spread topping evenly over potato mixture.
8. Bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven set at 350 degrees.
9. Remove from oven and add marshmallows to cover dish.
10. Replace in oven and allow tops to brown for 3-5 minutes.