4 oz of your favorite chocolate (4oz =about 1 cup)
2 teaspoons store-bought hot chocolate powder
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
3 cups ice cubes
lightly sweetened whipped cream
chocolate shavings (optional)
1. Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt in microwave on low heat.
2. Once melted, add hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended.
3. Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup milk, stirring until smooth.
4. Cool to room temperature.
5. In blender, place the remaining 1 cup milk, room-temperature chocolate mixture and ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri.